Thursday, April 9, 2009

Craft Day

Morgan and I were stuck inside the other day. It was sunny, but cold. And little Eve was sleeping. Stuck.

I took a look at our dining room. I love to prepare holiday tables early so I can enjoy them all week. My mother did that and I adopted the tradition as my own. 

The table was pretty, but it lacked something. Hmmmm...


Perhaps it needed a personal touch. Nothing a little paper towel roll can't handle. 
(Huh?)


You're not goin' in the recycling bin today, Mr. Paper Towel Roll.
Today you're going to make a decoration.


And with the help of Mr. Green Construction Paper, 
you're not gonna look too shabby.


When you can't find good Easter grass, make some.


Voila! Grass within, & yellow shell on the outside.
And some itsy bitsy pieces of pink tissue paper wadded on the bottom...


We made a cup. 


Little fingers help fill the cup with love. Love of mints, that is.


So pretty.


Wouldn't be complete without some naming...
Little hands write little words on little pieces of paper.


And then the sun came out some more...

4 comments:

Sittintall said...

Weren't you that overwhelmed mother the other day? You are very creative. Way to keep her occupied and have cute table settings!

Emily Dykstra said...

Laughing... yes, S... I was the overwhelmed mother the other day. I finally gave in to my daughter's clinginess and just made crafts out of random household objects. We made, like, three crafts. Crazy.

I'd like to tell you I was trying to be green, but no... I was just trying to stay above water.

Jenni S. said...

Very cute! I loved the name tags. Hope you all had a good (amd restful!) Easter.

Short Stop said...

How utterly adorable. Her cups, her face, her pride in what she did. I love it.

I hope you had a great Easter, Em.