Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Monday, Take Two

I don't know how to be still. 

I don't know how to eat sitting down during the day. At the table. With a fork and knife.

I don't know how to set an alarm clock so I will have a bit of "me" time before I'm gently erased throughout the day. 

And I don't know how to take the one million simple little tasks I have to do and just. do. one. at. a. time.

Laughing... I keep buying things to organize my life.  

So this morning I went to my Heavenly Father and told Him, in essence, that I'm lost. 

Lost, lost, lost. 

Too many waves have washed over and I need a Rescuer.

Come rescue me, God. You'll find me in the kitchen. Under the dishes.

4 comments:

Short Stop said...

Oh, do I know this feeling. I have no idea where to even begin to get organized, and I'm always lost in mounds. Mounds of stuff, dishes, clothes. I'm lost, too.

This week has been a DOOZY around here. Thank you for making me feel understood.

lindaj804 said...

If you need a break this summer or just someone to come over and help in whatever way is needed, please call and I'll bring Cailyn over. I am volunteering her services even though she doesn't know about it (but she does like to babysit, etc.). Hang in there!

Jenni S. said...

It must be the week for these things because I had a very similar day yesterday. Praise God that He doesn't ever leave us in the muck and the mire for too long.

Shannon said...

You know what has helped me tremendously. NOT doing the dishes. Seriously Eric does them before he goes to work and after dinner. Not having to do that one little thing helps so much!