Saturday, October 3, 2009

Party

This is what a six year old looks like.
Happy. Confident. Wearing purple.


And this is what decor from that six year old's party looks like:
Orange. Pink. Purple. Balloons, too.
With a My Little Pony theme.


And this?
This is the most decorated cake you've probably ever seen.
Morgan loved it. We put her mini Little Pony figures on them.


There were purple tutus.
And dancing.
And hats. She insisted on hats.


This is little sister, Eve. She's never seen a balloon before.


Here's some fun decor pompoms I found (on super sale!) but didn't know how to decorate with.
But then I put my thinking cap on...


The top of the cake had a Twizzler rainbow, pink marshmallow clouds and candles. Oh my.


The friends had fun making a craft!


And Morgan was delighted.
That's all we wanted, really.


We had a game to see which of two teams could make the tallest marshmallow tower using only marshmallows and glue, er, frosting.


The craziest, most wonderful six-year-old birthday cake ever.


Make a wish!


And take time to smell the craft flowers. (No, not really.)
The guests made these beautiful felt bouquets.


My, what fun we had.


And now, this Momma needs some sleep.

5 comments:

andrea said...

This looks absolutely DELIGHTFUL!

Short Stop said...

OH MY WORD!!

Who can stand the preciousness of this. All of it.

Happy, purple-dressed Morgan.

The decorations.

Ellie's sweet face.

Eve with her balloon.

The cake.

I can't even name it all. You threw a killer party, Ems.

Awesome, awesome, awesome!!!

(PS. I'm so proud of you. I mean that in a I-know-how-much-work-goes-into-one-of-these and you pulled it off perfectly way!)

Jenni S. said...

Wow, Emily! How could she not have a fantastic time with all that you did? Hope you got some much-needed rest!

Sheryl said...

Fanastical! :)

Team Alix said...

I just want you to know that I am absolutely in **L*O*V*E** with Morgan's birthday cake! That is pure childhood sugary heaven! So clever with the decorations and I wish I coudl have seen her guests eyes when they saw all of the colors and decorations and CANDY on it! yumma! save me a piece :)

Oh! To be SIX!

And Eve with the balloon is a close second. Her face is priceless!

I also really like how you used the pom poms! I'd have been enchanted if I were six years old! Hope you have even better memories of the day!