Thursday, November 5, 2009

Dining Room

I love decorating my dining room for the holidays.
It says, "Pay attention... something special is happening."
It's warm. It's inviting. And it's my favorite thing to do.


This year I bought these sconces to help balance the long wall above my buffet.
I'm all for using whatever you already have in your house for decor so....
when I really really wanted some tall pillar candles, I fudged.
I set two on top of each other. (Shhhhh.)
And then I added mixed nuts to keep them in place.


These pumpkins and corn were bought in Iowa at a darling farm.
And the feed-sack-turned-runner?
I bought that beauty on my birthday this year in Charleston at an antique shop.
I love the graphics on it.
I doubt I'll use it on a real table setting, however because antique burlap doesn't like to be washed. So I learned. *wink, wink*


And then after having all this decorating fun over the past month,
I realized that that darn patch on the other dining room wall it still unpainted.
Drives me batty. Like putting makeup on half your face.
But I have plans, yes I do. Plans.

5 comments:

Sittintall said...

Beautiful. Very festive.

Sheryl said...

sneaky but CREATIVE! way to go!!! i love it. it's very elegant and pretty.

Short Stop said...

I LOVE the sconces. I love the table runner. I love the decor.

All of it.

I love all of it!

Team Alix said...

The first thing I noticed in the first picture were the sconces- I love them AND I can never figure out what to put in them because the lame-o candles I have are also always too small. The nuts are a brilliant idea... might have to "borrow" that one, if you don't mind! Just think that somewhere in Massachusetts some crazy blogger friend has nuts in a candle jar because of you! Love the idea!! The dining room looks so inviting!

Jenni S. said...

I really like how you've decorated it, Emily. So festive and yet not over the top. Great job!