Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday

It is Friday morning.
Even if this day kicks my tush like it did every day this week, tomorrow is Saturday.
Saturday= Dan.
Dan= help.
Saturday is good.

I am eager to cleanse the house of the sickness that became this week.

When sickness hits our homestead, we are in triage mode.
Dishes only get done out of absolute necessity.
We eat whatever the freezer offers us.
When fresh fruit and veg are gone, they are gone.
I have worn the same jeans all week long. Denim is the ultimate in fabric forgiveness but even this pair could use some rest. And a wash.

I can see the horizon of health and will welcome it with open arms. There is something about the opening of curtains and letting light stream in and picking up laundry off of the floor that lends itself to reclaiming health and home.

With Comet cleanser in hand, I will oust the virus from our bathrooms. Truthfully, it may do absolutely nothing. But I'm not setting out the welcome mat for it, either. Begone, you terrible health-taker.

With some extra rest for my little one, perhaps today will be the day that she'll eat well and fuss less.

If nothing else, it's Friday. Beautiful Friday.

3 comments:

Short Stop said...

I shout a hearty "AMEN" to this post, Ems. Friday can bring what it may, but tomorrow - sweet, promising tomorrow - is Saturday. And, help is on the way!!!

Team Alix said...

Hope you all feel well in time to *enjoy* the weekend!

Renee Thomas said...

Hi Em!
I love your blog...it encourages me to keep going on those rough days. :) What was the psalm that you quoted when you were in Iowa...something to the effect the Lord cares for parents?? I would love to share it with a friend! Miss you!