Monday, November 2, 2009

Monday Prayer

Today I woke up and, for once, started my day right.
I had some time with hubs, in prayer. Had some laughs, too.

I needed to start this day with prayer because I'm a helpless rag of a woman.
Because my grandfather is dying.
Because my parents are divorcing.
Because my best efforts to love are tainted by tiredness and impossibility at times.

I needed to start this day with prayer because I had a wonderful weekend reconnecting with the man I married. Because we had an awesome dinner on Friday night with flavors I could never in a thousand years dream could be made and stayed at a posh hotel and marveled at the beauty of the city. I had to thank God for the amazing time of rejuvenation.

I needed to start this day with talking to God because the first on my list of to-do's this week are so mundane. Calling people about broken things. *Yawn* So uninspiring. So not posh.

I needed to start the day with God and me and Dan facing the same direction.

I have no idea what this week holds. Great big laughs at my infant daughter. Even bigger laughs as Morgan writes notes in her special way of spelling things. Bumpiness at family dynamics.

And more prayer.
Joyful, tearful, quiet, ecstatic, mundane and revelation-filled prayer.

2 comments:

Short Stop said...

I am SO glad you two got a night away. I can tell how refreshing it was for you, and I'm so happy for you - I know how much you love time with Dan.

May this week hold unanticipated, and joyful, surprises for you!

Jenni S. said...

First, I'm terribly sorry to hear about your grandfather. I'll be praying for your family in the coming weeks and months.

So, I read this and was the teensiest bit envious that you get to see Dan in the morning and pray together. That would be such a great way to start the week! Glad you got some R&R for a mom-weary soul.