Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Check, please!

Over the past few days, I've found it humorous how currency is exchanged. I've taken notes and come to realize that there is a reason I become forgetful. See for yourself:

Preschool takes cash or checks and only on a daily basis. 
Gotcha. 
Went to the bank to get cash. Checks are gone.
My checks have miraculously disappeared since Morgan decided to "be like Mommy" and write her own checks. I put them somewhere safe. 
So safe, in fact, that I cannot find them. 
Cash it is.

Went to the doc. They take cash or checks. And credit cards if  the amount is over $20. (It's not.) Checks are gone. Hubs took my cash (with permission, I'm sure). 
Bill me.

Cleaners prefer cash.

Babysitter prefers cash. 

Tar.get will ask if "you want to put this on your Tar.get Rewards card?" Pass.
Got my own card with rewards.
Charge it.

The community center does not take cash for the recital tickets. 
Only checks (d'oh!) or credit cards. 
And since I'm late in purchasing said tickets,  must fill out eggplant colored form instead of grape colored form with my credit card info on it. (Seriously.)
Fine. Charge it. 

1 comment:

Short Stop said...

Hilarious, Ems.

And, SO true. I cringe when I see that a place doesn't take Am.ex. I'm like, "It's all we use, people."

I love the feel of cash. Dollars. Real dollars. I miss them.