Monday, March 16, 2009

Resolution Update

Update on my Resolutions:

1. Learn some new hairstyles.
Pulled some photos from magazines but haven't experimented yet.

2. Learn to preserve jam.
Not yet. Want fruit in season.

3. Grow an honest-to-goodness producing garden.
Need spring. But have several books on gardening and am "collecting data".

4. Memorize the Ten Commandments. In order. Verbatim.
Focusing on the first four. The second one is kinda wordy. :) 

5. Give knitting a whirl.
Meant to do that in Maryland with mother. Still have 9 months to try. 

6. Make family first:
1. My household family.
2. My siblings/parents.
3. My "family-ish" friends.
Ongoing.

7. Make Dan more of a priority.
Ongoing. But a joy. He makes me laugh like no one can. Gotta keep this guy. :)

8. Show hospitality in simple ways. (Dan wants to showcase his beer... Beer and Chili dinners?)
Okay, I'll be honest. I'm still getting on my feet from giving birth. I'm a slow "getter-upper". But we're all about keeping it low and slow this summer with grilling and having friends over.

9. Use my decorating abilities to make the house feel more like "us" and less like the last owners.
This one is a little tough lately too, what with the birth of Eve and all... but I have several ideas in the pipeline. Also, Dan and I are hoping to build a more friendly deck this year-- by "friendly" I mean a little larger and less splintery. :)

10. Show my gratefulness for health this year by doing physically fun activities. Canoeing? Biking with the fam?
Well, warmer weather does help. We took advantage of the warmer weather yesterday and took a walk. Beautiful.

2 comments:

Sheryl said...

Check your hotmail account - I sent you something that may help you memorize the 10 commandments :)

Kathryn Clark said...

Thanks for sharing the updates. Keep up the good work. Grace for the new Mom from the new Mom. Love ya, K