Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Kitchen Gadgets

Here are some of my favorite kitchen items that are simple, inexpensive and fun:

1. Condiment cups
For tartar sauce, for ketchup, for anything. We use these almost every day for Morgan's afternoon snack: baby carrots and "dippin' sauce". Love 'em. Plus, it has an old fashioned "diner" feel which makes dinner feel a tad more special. 

2. Pastry Scraper
I use this puppy almost every time I bake, especially if it's something with a lot of crumbs. This gadget easily scrapes crumbs off of the countertop and into the trash. Try picking up beaucoup crumbs with your washrag and you've essentially got a rag which redistributes le crumbs all over your counter. 

3. Chinese Strainy Thinger
Okay, so I don't know the official name. Close enough.
Anyhoo... I bought this at Mei.jer for less than $5 and I LOVE it. Perfect for scooping out broccoli out of hot water or getting a tato out of the pot to see if it's done enough. This is the perfect blend of "slotted spoon + strainer". Love it.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where'd you get the cute condiment cups? Great idea for snacktime!

Jenny

Sittintall said...

I must admit those are very cute condiment cups. And I have to get one of those strainer things too (I've seen them used on lots of cooking shows...I believe they're called spider strainers).

Jenni S. said...

Those are super cute condiment cups. And I like the Chinese strainer thingy -- both seem very handy!