Friday, September 25, 2009

Birthday Coming

Shhh... It's rather late and the children are sleeping.

And me (giggling...) I am getting excited about a certain little girl's 6th birthday party.

I'm excited because I found some cute Martha Stewart decorations on super duper sale. The hubs isn't the biggest fan of her or of "giving to her coffers" (Lands, he's smart, isn't he?) but he likes when I say the word "sale". I like the word "cute", so it's win-win.

The kiddo wants "rainbow balloons" and a "My Little Pony party, please". She also wants a tiered birthday cake.
(Like a wedding cake, you ask? Yes, yes. She's crazy about weddings.)

I'm not a master cake baker, but I bought some rainbow Twizzlers (Oh please don't let Dan find them in the closest and eat them) which will make a beautiful rainbow somewhere on the pastry.
And some foil-wrapped toilet paper rolls will probably do for the columns on the tiered cake, doncha think?

Darn if JoAnns fabric didn't have those tempting 40% off coupons. Now my wallet is a bit lighter and my dining room table is heavier.
With 14 yards of purple tulle.
Soon to be tutus.

It's bound to be a crazy hour and a half of frosting, giggling, running and mayhem. I hope it's fun. I'm putting some loving into it.

Pics later, okay?

5 comments:

Sheryl said...

FUN!!!!!!!
I didn't know My Little Pony made a come back! I love your kid as MLP was a FAVE of mine back in the day :)
Happy Birthday Morgan!!

Team Alix said...

ooh! I'm gonna hold you to the pictures, okay? I am excited for the party!

Anonymous said...

When is the party? Sounds so girlie and fun! :) Enjoy. I can't wait to see the pics.

Jenny

Short Stop said...

I can't wait to see pics, Ems!!

You are so talented - purple tulle for tutus? Foil-wrapped toilet paper rolls for columns? On a tiered cake? Morgan's gone LOVE her party!

Jenni S. said...

Hope the party is/was a success. Can't wait to see pictures!