Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Waiting

I am in stutter land, friends.

Every time I come to blog, the biggest, most amazing stories happening to me are, well, somewhat inappropriate to blog about. They're too intimate or personal or would break a confidence.

Rats.

So I'm waiting. I'm waiting for the drama to settle, for God's words to come to me (maybe they won't).

But what I can say is that God is immensely, completely, utterly enthralled with patching and improving relationships.

Today I was thinking about someone who I needed to write and *wham* there was an email from that person. Waiting for me.

And then on Facebook a friend told me that we had a rocky past and *wham* God's grace was there, covering over old scraped knee wounds with His perfect love. Bringing smiles to our faces and erasing years of hurt.

I'm waiting. And resting.

Like Elijah when he was being hunted down and the angel of the Lord told him to eat and then eat some more because the journey ahead was a doozy.

Or like Elijah when he waited for God's voice and finally found it in a quiet spot.

Waiting.

1 comment:

Team Alix said...

I love hearing the world from your point of view, so I'm waiting, too! (and excited to see what comes of it!)

Though for a post that was probably *meant* as a placeholder before the next "good" story comes along - this one's a great one!

And what a good friend to be careful of confidences!