Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Another El Cheapo Makeover

For those of my friends with new, mighty-storage kitchens, this post probably won't interest you. 

Dan and I aren't in the market for a new kitchen, so I thought of a new way to organize my canned goods: a soda can dispenser. I always have diced canned tomatoes, canned beef broth and canned chicken broth in my pantry. But lately my pantry has been so difficult to see that I didn't realize when I was running out of these three staples. Sometimes I would buy more chicken broth when what I really needed was tomatoes. I was a dame in distress.

I bought three of these dispensers and now I can see exactly how much I have left. I think it will save time and money in the long run. At least, that's what I'm telling Dan when I justify my purchase tonight. ;)




2 comments:

Jenni S. said...

That is a GREAT idea. We are low on kitchen storage space too, and have cupboards where cans go to die (at least for this short little woman). Seriously, I am so thankful you shared this idea!

Short Stop said...

These things are awesome! Another friend of mine uses them for just this idea!