Saturday, October 11, 2008

Poem

The moon is up
The baby grows

It kicks inside me
so I know

That in December
when we sleep

A wee, wee cry
will make a peep

And keep me from
the precious doze

That makes me sane
and on my toes

So when the world
lay mostly snoring

I'll find midnight is
far from boring

But for now
she softly kicks

And I am up
And boy this stinks

But Dan's up, too
and this is good

He will help me
with her food

When she awakes
both day and night

And we can't sleep
Try as we might

*A poem. 
Written poorly. 
In the wee hours of the morning.
 Because I can't sleep. 
Even though I'm t-i-r-e-d.

2 comments:

Short Stop said...

Oh, Em! I love this poem. It so captures the insomniatic thoughts that go through a preggo mother's mind.

BTW, the middle of the night stuff - as hard as it was at times - every moment was precious to me. Still is.

Jenni S. said...

I am getting so excited to see this baby already! I'm sorry you're not getting sleep - I remember how difficult it was in those last few months. I don't think sleep comes until retirement.