Friday, March 23, 2007

Chameleons

I may need an intervention. I've been blog barfing lately... throwing together random thoughts and littering the web with mindless brain jarble.

And here I go again.

When I was in Alabama, I was taking a lovely afternoon run on the treadmill in the gym. The view was beautiful. Through floor-to-ceiling windows I was surrounded by sea grasses and beyond that, the gulf. Gorgeous.

During my run, I noticed two little chameleons who came to sun themselves on the ridge of the window. But what happened next was rather jarring. One of the chameleons chomped on the face of the other one. I nearly fell off the treadmill. It was disgusting and yet I couldn't take my eyes off them. The victim chameleon was still breathing but laying helpless in the other's mouth. Then the chewed up one did a split-second Karate Kid flip and somehow managed to escape the other one's mouth. After that they did a fancy dance and one of them ran away, leaving the other to sun his hide.

I relayed this story to my husband and in-laws when I returned to the condo. They wanted to know which one ran away. I really didn't know. They're chameleons after all.

No comments: