Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Poor?

I had something strange happen to me today. A person who I haven't kept in touch with much told me she's moving. She and I have had similarly modest incomes. In fact, we used to yard sale together with our kiddos in tow. Anyway, apparently her family is making mucho bucks now because she told me about a property she was looking at. I said, "Wow! Isn't that property expensive... like $640,000?" She said, "Really? That's a good price. I thought it was $720,000."

Whew... I'm really happy for her, but as Dan and I are looking for a new property, I certain wouldn't qualify that price range as "bargain basement". In fact, even if I had enough money to buy a house in that price range, I can't see myself ever downplaying that price. It's a lot of money.

Maybe we're poorer than I thought. Laughing...it's nice to be poor and not know it.

______________________________________________

On a happier note, I'm glad to say that we have negotiated a final offer on our house. If all goes well on the buyers' end as far as mortgage commitment, then we will say goodbye to this abode and find a new place to live.

No comments: