Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Overheard

Lately, in an effort to get Morgan to realize how bitter words taste (words like "I don't like you!" or "NO, I WON'T!"), I've been giving her a taste of lemon. Timeouts and other discipline were not proving effective, but the lemon tastings cause her to pause and think.


This morning she was playing with a pretend wooden lemon. She must have been thinking about my new discipline methods when she said:
"Mom, lemons would taste a lot better if they had M&Ms in them."


_____________________________

This morning, Morgan started the day with theology that went something like this:
"Mom, Jesus can't be with us because he's helping other people right now. And that's why I told Jesus to be with Daddy."

Anyone want to tackle omnipresence with a 4 year old?

3 comments:

Sheryl said...

Oh dear! That's a tough one to conquer! Good luck!

And "lucky" Morgan! I got SOAP when I was a kid! Not lemons!!

PS - what's your email address? My mom can't seem to comment on your blog and would like to shoot you messages. (mine is sherylrae44@gmail.com) Could you let me know??

Emily Dykstra said...

Okay, I posted my email in my profile.

Unknown said...

Omnipresence is going to be a tough one...but I'll tackle it.

...you get the "facts of life" talk though. ;)