Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Sunday

Man! I haven't blogged since last week.

You'd think I had a lot to write about since then, but the truth is that I'm fighting a sinus condition that makes me feel falsely *yawn* sleepy. I rested most of the weekend.

A few months ago, Dan and I were visiting Sarah and Jason, friends of our from Grand Rapids, Michigan. We stayed on a Saturday night and really enjoyed our Sunday with them. Jason and Sarah have two youngins and the Sunday morning shuffle to church is not so harmonious in their home. They have the option to attend an evening service on Saturday night. So Sunday is restful family day.

Our time there was so relaxing. We weren't rushing to get dressed and go to a service. We enjoyed the fellowship of some pretty cool cats. Now we already knew that we loved this couple, but then Jason brought out some homemade brewsky. Dan immediately deified him. I normally don't drink beer, but this blend was nutty and fruity and wonderful.

Sarah treated us to an amazing savory egg dish that morning. I try not to love her only because she makes good food, but this dish was a humdinger. Dear Sarah, do share you recipe.

We talked theology. We talked children. And I'm sure we threw in a couple jokes. I'm loathe to admit it, but I think this is what God had in mind for Sundays. Ah, home church.

Dan and I took a page out of their book this past Sunday and stayed home. We were all sharing a cold and some sinus trouble. We needed rest. We made homemade rolls as a family. Dan is a good cook and his baking skills aren't too shabby either. There was flour everywhere as our resident baker decide to baptize the kitchen with powder. But for once I didn't fret over it. Could've been the drugs I was taking that made me slow to respond, but I think it was just plain Sunday.

We read together as a family. We baked. We rested. What a gift.

4 comments:

Sittintall said...

That is a gift. Of course not exactly truly relaxing if you were sick...but all the same nice to be together as a family. Those moments just being together as a family are truly cherished, aren't they?

andrea said...

Mmmm...Cinnamon Rolls. Those are a special treat my mom makes some Sunday mornings! I hope you feel better! My cold is on it's way out...still.

Short Stop said...

Sounds like an awesome Sunday! We are loving our Sundays now...so restful!

I will get you that recipe! I have so many recipes to post, but just haven't lately. I think I've just had too much to say...haha...!

Please come back and visit again soon! :)

Kris said...

Good for you! We missed though!
K