Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Overheard

After telling Morgan the story of Good King Wenceslas, I told her that "the story tells us we should take care of the poor."

Morgan's face lit up. "I'm four! I'm four!"

I clarified: "I said POOR, Morgan. Not four."

________________________

Morgan and I went for a walk at the park. There was lots of goose poop everywhere. Morgan had a great idea: "Wets ax Jesus to disappear the poops."

________________________


Emily: "Morgan, it's cold outside. You need your hat on. Is your head cold?"

Morgan: "My brain hurts."

________________________

Morgan: "Mom, can you open this can for me?" She shows me a can of olives.

Emily: "Why?"

Morgan: "So I can do this." And she pointed to this picture.

2 comments:

Kris said...

Oh our dear Morgan..We love her...my fav..."if Jesus can disappear the poops!"
K

Janice said...

I spent a lot of time when I was a child with olive fingers... pretending they were finger nails, waving them around. Guess my mom didn't have the "don't play with food" rule, huh?