Monday, February 16, 2009

Thank You

Dear God,

Thank you for the crumbs on the kitchen table... evidence of the food you've provided.

Thank you for my unmade bed... and for the man and friend who slept there.

Thank you for the laundry mountain in my family room... for giving us clothes to wear.

Thank you for the messy office... and for the computer's way of keeping us connected with friends.

Thank you for the burp cloths that are scattered throughout the house... and for the little one who uses them.

Thank you for the craft supplies left on the table... and for my sweet Morgan who still is making Valentine cards and notes.

Thank you for the strange hop smell in my garage... and for the joy it brings my husband to brew his own beer.

Thank you for my weary body... evidence of a day packed full of life.

1 comment:

Jenni S. said...

I love how you are able to keep such a positive perspective on what might have been a bone-weary day. It's a good reminder for me today!