Monday, May 19, 2008

Dixie Cup Days


I was resting on a couch. Morgan came into the room and poured some water from an Ice Mountain water bottle into a Dixie cup for me.

Morgan: "Here, Mom. Drink this. And then you can dream and remember when you and me did things when you were normal."

I wanted to cry. But I stayed composed.

Emily: "Morgan, aren't I normal now?"

Morgan: "You're kinda sick, Mom."

And with that, she left the room.

My 4 year-old (going on 24-year old) sweetheart daughter.

5 comments:

Beth said...

Just remember, this too shall pass, and then your beautiful daughter will have a sister to play with (did I mention that I think it's a girl?). How nice that she is willing to take care of you! Keep up your spirits!
Beth

andrea said...

Ahhh, she's learning how to give tender, loving, care!

trevsmom said...

Ahh, that is soo sweet, just think of all the fun she will have with the bro or sister in the oven! So what if this isn't normal, I would say it is the best kind of un normal to be! ;)

Sittintall said...

She's going to be such a great big sister! Then again, I'm sure you already knew that.

Short Stop said...

She's got a great heart.