Thursday, May 22, 2008

Why I Love Dan

My more local friends are aware of our new lifestyle lately. We've had to make some accommodations for the child I am affectionately calling our "Petri Dish Love Child". (Oh, c'mon. It's funny.)

I need a little humor right now because life is a bit on the challenging side.

I go in for weekly IV drips to help keep me hydrated. They're awesome, but they involve my hubby taking time out of his busy schedule.

And if that's not all, here's what else you'd observe about my awesome hubby if you were in our home:

- You'd see Dan single handedly raising Morgan in the evenings after a long day of work.

- You'd see him whipping up some quick dinner, first asking me if it would smell too bad for him to make. Eggs and toast?

- You'd hear him offering to sleep on the couch because he smells like onions to me.

- You'd see him making doctor appointments that interfere with his work schedule, but doing it anyway. Smiling.

- You'd see him quickly respond to my email pleas for Creme Saver candies. Sugar and sugar free. He picked them up on the way home.

- You'd see a lawn that needs a haircut because my husband is so dedicated to his family and job (out of town most of last week) that he can't quite get to it yet.

- You'd never see him complain or huff. Even in the middle of the night when I needed an orange creamsicle to keep down the yuckies.

So, here's to you, Dan... You're an amazing husband who shows me daily what it means to lay down one's life for a friend. I love you.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are very blessed to have such a wonderful husband!

Sheryl said...

Amazing! I can only hope and pray I find someone just as fabulous as Dan.
WAY TO GO DAN!!! :)

andrea said...

Thanks for sharing that Em, and way to go, Dan!

Kris said...

You are one lucky gal! Glad to hear that you are making through the days together!
k

Jenni S. said...

Oh how sweet. I mean, really and truly sweet. I have one of these too and he makes it so easy for me to love him. It's awesome that you're able to cherish these little things even though you're feeling so badly right now. Hope it doesn't last too much longer.

Beth said...

That's so funny! I just posted and I love Kris entry on my blog. We must have been thinking along the same lines today!
Beth

Sittintall said...

Glad you recognize your love for him. What a blessing to have such a wonderful man in your life. Have a good weekend!

Short Stop said...

Oh, Dan is so awesome, Em! Just the perfect match for you in every way!