Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Resting, Resting 1-2-3



I've mentioned our new neighborhood. Have I mentioned that there are a lot of kids here? Lots of kids. It's great.

I didn't have this conundrum at our last house b/c Morgan has precisely one friend who lived 3 houses down. And we didn't even see her outside every day.

But now Morgan has the wonderful blessing of having several friends.

Unfortunately our schedule doesn't always sync up with everyone else's. Morgan's nap usually starts at 3pm (I know, aren't I bad?) and some of her friends are just beginning to wake up from their nap then.

To avoid utterly rejecting children who keep ringing the doorbell (and get no answer), I came up with this handy graphic that I slip in between my curtain and the window of my sidelight.

It's doing the trick! The doorbell remains silent for naptime and we're still friends with our neighbors. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think i need one of those for MY siestas!! where did you find that?

Short Stop said...

Now that is a good idea. Do you think it would work for solicitors? :) Somehow, our neighborhood has attracted a bazillion of them.

Sheryl said...

That's such a great idea that I'm going to use it here at work while I fall asleep at my desk...oh wait, that might not fly so well with the higher-ups! :)
But great idea regardless! And I'm happy to hear Morgan has lots of friends - boys AND girls? I grew up in a neighborhood of all boys and one girl. It was a bit rough. I'm surprised I remained such a girly girl w/ all that boy interaction as a kid!