Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Morgan Learns About, Um, Bodily Functions

It never occurred to me that Morgan had never seen vomit until she and I were in the McDonald's bathroom weeks ago where I was getting sick. She looked terrified. It was there, in that romantic moment, that I taught her about the sickness and about the baby.

Ever since then, she's been using her new knowledge liberally. I couldn't be, um, prouder(?)

__________________

A song my daughter sang sweetly to me last night as she waited to use the computer:

"You are so old.
You are so old.
Because you throw up a lot."
__________________

Morgan: "I gotta go to the bathroom, Mom. Gotta throw up."
__________________

Morgan: "Hi, Aunt Jill. My Mom's having a baby. Every day something comes out of her mouth."

5 comments:

A girl who loves said...

I am laughing. At least she hasn't found out about the baby and the function it will take to get it out. I am glad you are recording these thoughts. You will sit back and L-A-U-G-H!

Sittintall said...

Well, at least she can see the humor in the situation (something I'm sure you aren't feeling at the moment). Hope the nausea goes away soon:( But for now, I'm sure you'll take it as a good sign that baby's thriving well!

Short Stop said...

Out of the mouths of babes!!

I'm glad you're sick! ;) But, I hope it goes away as quickly as it came!

SMOOCHES to Morgan!

Jenni S. said...

Sometimes I think the funniest things coming out of their mouths are when they are trying to grasp adult concepts in their own little ways. How would we stay sane if we couldn't laugh about the things they do? :)

Kris said...

Sickness is a blessing and a bummer at the same time here, eh? Glad to hear that you are keeping the humor in it all. Praying...
K