Monday, December 1, 2008

Gift Card Happiness


I was starting to get stressed about tomorrow.

I needed to buy several gift cards for family members for Christmas. But I'm due in 3 weeks and my hips just ache with this precious child. Walking must be portioned out in bite-sized pieces. You get?

I thought to myself: "Self, why don't you just bite the bullet and pay the shipping to get the gift cards sent directly there?"

I was a little leary. Earlier this year I tried to buy a measly $15 gift card from someplace and they wanted $10 in shipping and handling. Outrageous. I'm too frugal to pay that. And *ahem* I'm too smart. *wink

But I gave it a shot. I went online.

Cue Hallelujah Chorus.

Be*st Buy had free shipping on gift cards.

Walm*art had shipping for less than $2.

The spa gift card for my sis was also zero dollars in shipping.

My hips and legs are so thankful.

2 comments:

Sittintall said...

That's ridiculous. Why would any place make you pay $10 for something that costs less than
$.40 to send?

Jenni S. said...

I agree with Sarah, although I know of a Swedish megastore that charges something similar and yet I still paid it because I was not going to drive two hours to buy it. SO GLAD you got cheap/free shipping!!

Oh, and just so you know I can somewhat feel your pain, for the last 2 months of my pregnancy with Lily, because of her position inside, I walked around with a permanent gr.oin pull for those last 2 months. It was wretched and painful so I understand just a little of how you're feeling!