Thursday, January 25, 2007

Goodbye, Simon Michael

Tonight I was at Central Dupage Hospital with my friend Stephanie. (Dan went to pick up my mother at the airport.) I saw the baby, the same baby I saw earlier, without the heartbeat. I knew I wouldn't see that little beating heart again, but we had to "verify" for all sorts of medical reasons.

I saw two little arm buds and two little leg buds, a big fat belly (so cute) and an oversized head.

I'm sure it was a boy because my nausea occurred at night and only 20% of the time that it had with my pregnancy with Morgan. Dan and I were planning on calling him Simon Michael. And now that he's with Jesus, why not still name him?

I like to think that this little bugger was so darn cute that God had to hold him back, spend a bit more time with him.

We grieve, we mourn. But we know whose very great hands he is in.

No comments: