Saturday, January 13, 2007

I Like Raspberries

Dan and I got a little surprise for Christmas. Turns out I am approximately 8 weeks pregnant. The baby is about the size of a raspberry. I love raspberries. And I especially love this one.

To be truthful, I am having a hard time wrapping my brain around this pregnancy. My body has fooled me before, telling me it was pregnant when it was and wasn't. Fortunately others are excited. Dan's folks congratulated us heartily and my folks were happy as well. Morgan has already named our little one: She wants to call it "Girlie", which also answers our question as to which gender she would prefer.

We have been working closely with our doctor using progesterone therapy to help the pregnancy stay strong. That, and prayer, are my hope. The doc says my hormone levels are nice and strong, which might explain my erratic eating habits and generally "plump" feeling. Ugh. I do NOT feel pretty.

For now, we have told very few people. But if and when I get sick as I did with Morgan, I figure I might as well tell people even if it is before the customary 12 weeks.

For now, this blog and my baby are a secret. Shhhh!

No comments: