Friday, January 19, 2007

A Hostile Takeover.

This pregnancy is quite different from my first. For one thing, nausea is not as bad. This is both good and bad news. I put on a little holiday weight (darn rum balls, so tempting) and I was hoping to drop it off due to nausea. Not only am I not dropping the weight, I am craving things like sour cream. That's right... gooey, creamy, fattening sour cream.

Last night I had Dan bring home a Baja Fresh burrito. My favorite is the grilled vegetable. And it comes with... sour cream. By the time he brought it home either my taste buds changed or they changed the recipe. I couldn't finish it. Didn't taste right. My favorite, fail-me-not burrito was terrible.

Smells are a little funny lately, too. I put a corned beef in the crock pot before I went to the ultrasound yesterday. But I could still smell it when I reached the office. I won't give you the details of my negative experience. My loving husband went home ahead of me to take it out of the pot and light a candle in its place. Darn. I love corned beef normally.

And this morning, Dan put Morgan in bed with me until we woke up (a groggy 8:30...ugh). She and I woke up together. She puts her little face close to mine and says, "Mom! Smell my breath!" Ah, the joys of a three year old and pregnancy.

For now, my body is just a host to this little one, but the point is clear. My life will be changed forever. Again.

No comments: