Monday, March 24, 2008

Jehovah's Witnesses

Today, the day after Easter, two men knocked on my door. Jehovah's Witnesses.

They left me a flyer and said they would come back. "No thank you," I told them.

Then I went right to my bookshelf to read portions of The Kingdom of the Cults by Walter Martin.

I remembered our differences:
- I can't embrace a faith based on a man's interpretation of God, claiming to be a prophet, but who was a sinner; I need a faith based on a non-sinner, based on God.
- I can't embrace a faith that claims Jesus was just a good man and not God.
- I can't embrace a faith that doesn't include the entire Trinity; without Christ I have no intercession; without the Holy Spirit I have no deposit of God in me.
- I can't embrace a faith that doesn't have grace; without grace, I don't live.

It's strategic that they came after Easter, the day after we celebrated God incarnate connecting heaven and earth.

1 comment:

Mercy said...

We had them on Christmas morning one year! And they were our neighbors! It made me so angry... until I realized that they don't know. In their eyes, they are spreading what they believe in as we are. Regardless, it was SO insensitive!