Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Deacon Dan

It's a bird! It's a plane! No, it's Deacon Dan!

My husband had his first council meeting last night. He will be installed as a deacon in a few weeks. I LOVE to call him "Deacon Dan" at home. It has the same flavor as calling some "Reverend". It's just fun to say.

He grimaces when I say this, but deep inside, I know he likes it. Now I can add this to the other names I call him:

1. Brain
2. Moo moo (don't ask-- no idea)
3. D.J. (for Daniel John)
4. J.J. (It's easier to say that D.J.- I just got lazy)
5. Plotkin (When he makes me upset, I call him a "plock". We're not sure how this came about, but I think it came from my childhood. We used to call each other "plops" when we were mad and it turned into "plotkin" somehow.)
6. Deacon Dan

On very rare and special occasions I call him Dan.

No comments: