Sunday, April 15, 2007

Home Inspection

Yesterday Dan and I (and Morgan, too) got to see our new abode. We had a home inspection to attend to see if our home is what it claims it is.

The inspector gave it very good reviews. On the whole, nothing needed to be done to it. Oh, wait... except for the fact that there were two birdies in the attic that will need to be evicted. The inspector said a 50 cent piece of metal to cover the opening would solve that problem.

We heard some cool things about our house:
- It was a model home, so it has a few upgrades.
- It has a sprinkler system apparently.
- It has an all-house humidifier. Yes!
- It has a super duper filter on the furnace to keep pollen from flying around.
- I think it has a security system as well.

It's not a perfect house. But it's perfect for us. The carpet needs to be restretched in places. Heck, even I need to be restretched in places. (That was a pregnancy joke, folks.) It doesn't have a stunner kitchen, but a good one with some great counterspace. We won't have to repaint right away. Everything is pretty neutral. That will give me time to live with it a while to see what I want to do.

I'm really, really looking forward to a soak in my new garden tub. Ahhhhh.

And though it probably won't be for a few years yet, I'm already thinking about backyard landscaping.

No comments: