Thursday, April 19, 2007

Jack Daniels

My husband is so busy that he doesn't have time to blog. What's more, he probably shouldn't blog about work related issues. But since I'm his wife, no one at work would suspect my blog for good BP fodder.

Since this is a public-ish site, I should probably use some different names. My husband, let's call him "Dan", was at work when he got an email from HR asking BP employees to nominate a favorite person from BP. Some kind of rewards/recognition deal. My quick witted husband immediately thought of an individual to thank: Jack Daniels. He began to construct some imaginary essay about how Mr. Daniels helped him in the off hours after a hard day of work.

Being his wife, however, I know that Dan prefers beer (mostly imported) to hard whiskey. Besides, whiskey conjures thoughts of good old boys, dirt roads, barefoot & pregnant women, southern accents and rotund older gentlement with those funny Mr. Colonel neckties. You know the ones. My husband is NOT whiskey. He is Heineken, Sam Adams or Grolsch. (Side note: Am I the only one who feels like I am dry heaving when I say the name "Grolsch"?) Point is: he is a beer guy.

In any case, this husband of mine keeps me in stitches. He has to use humor to keep up the remaining shreds of gainful-employment he feels as BP. If you find some funny Dilbert-esque encouragement, send it his way. I'd hate for Mr. Daniels to start making a visit.

No comments: