Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Dan Dykstra: MIA

Oh where, oh where is my husband Dan?

I'll tell you where: the basement. Dan is preparing a place for a home brew station. You heard correctly: home brew.

Banish thoughts of wood grain alcohol and blindness. And while you're at it, toss out conceptions of abolitionists and raids. It's perfectly legal and, from what I understand, pretty durn fun.

Dan got the notion to brew his own beverage from Jason Short, a friend in Michigan. On our visit in September, Jason offered Dan a superb beer which I can only describe as sophisticated. Fantastic. Unforgettable. Dan's been dropping hints like B-52s, so it wasn't too hard to figure out what the big guy would like for Christmas. Check out his blog later. I'm sure he'll mention it.

Meanwhile, Dan is currently taking suggestions for the name of his beer. "Brain Boy's Brewsky" was mine.

1 comment:

Short Stop said...

WOOOO HOOOOOO!!! Let the brewing begin!

Won't take much to get Jason over for a visit now!

And, I'm gonna have to defer to your choice of names for his beer. Doesn't get any better than that! :)