Sunday, December 9, 2007

Do you Craigslist?




Some may think I was spoiled rotten this weekend. In truth, it was a bit of a rough one, but I did get some nifty consolation prizes.

First of all, tell me you craigslist. If you're not familiar with craigslist.com, you're missing out, I tells ya!

A couple of weeks ago, I was on craiglist.com looking at antique dining room furniture. Craigslist is like ebay, but generally you have to pick items up. It's a little different. Mostly it's cheaper than ebay. You'll recall the swingset we purchased off this site earlier this year.

Anyway, I found this great set for a price that I thought was unbelievable. I called right away, scheduled to see it and committed to buying it. My seller wanted a cash deposit, so I did draw up an agreement which put everything in writing.

This weekend, Dan rented a U-Haul and with the help of his friend Kris Tukker, brought the whole shebang home.

I feel really grateful for this set. It would be uncouth to say publicly how much I spent on this set, but after hearing the price and seeing the good condition of the buffet and table, I asked the seller, "So WHY are you selling this?" Turns out that she's moving to Florida and wants different furniture. The set reminds me of holiday dinners at my great-grandmother's house. I hope that it will not just be a piece of eye candy, but show many years of hospitality. As I bought it, the seller said, "It's nice to know it will be going to someone who will appreciate it." I'll say!

So, I ask you again... do you craigslist?

No comments: