Monday, November 24, 2008

Twas Thanksgiving Week

The Chalkboard in our entry way reminded us of this special week!

A list for the week helps me not feel overwhelmed. Breaks it down into bite-sized pieces.

I helped Morgan make placecards for everyone. She had fun. (Don't look, Aunt Jill!-- It's a surprise!)

Le Table: There's something soothing about setting a table gradually in my own time. It's almost meditative for me.
 Yesterday I got out the china from our wedding. After I clean the china, I'll set up the table for a time of thanks. 

This year Dan and I are in charge of the turkey ( currently defrosting!) and pies. Since this pregnancy is causing me considerable sciatic pain, I've decided to buy two of the three pies and make the third one (cherry) with pre-made ingredients. I'm learning that while I insist on good food for Thanksgiving, it doesn't have to be a production. My mother and sis-in-law are bringing the sides (aren't they great?) 

Even though you'll often find me grimacing with pregnancy pains lately (Morgan can imitate me--priceless!) I'm thankful for the other "turkey" that I'm baking. We have so much for which to be thankful.

1 comment:

Jenni S. said...

Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Emily! I can't wait to hear about it!