Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Best Things About This Weekend

1. Seeing Jason and Sarah with their two little buddys: Jack and Max.
+Sarah is an amazing cook and made us a savory egg dish for breakfast.
+Jason gave us the lowdown on the latest worthwhile Zondervan books.
+Jack showed us the ropes of Thomas the Tank Engine while baby brother Max copied older bro.
+Super cute kids. Super wonderful friends. Baby number 3 will have a real treat.

2. Going to Dan's 10 year Calvin College Reunion.

+Watching my husband walk literally down memory lane.
+Learning that my husband beat on the door of his old dorm room to ask the current occupant if he could visit.
+Meeting new friends.

3. Learning that God can event make reacquaintance of old boyfriend go over smoothly.
+Took one look at him and thought, "By jove! You weren't meant for me. I'm so glad."
(Writers note: I knew this before I went to the reunion, but it was nice to confirm.)


4. Making strangers into new friends.

+Talked with one lady who had series of infertility trouble, but is now the mother of a 3 year old, an adopted infant and is expecting a third. All because she had hope and faith. I especially appreciated how she said she stopped doing IVF treatments and such because she wanted to stop being poked and probed. I can relate.
+Talked with another woman who just lost a 4 month pregnancy a scant 2 weeks before. I appreciated her faith and honesty about her loss.

5. Remembering that I love to road trip with Dan.

+Talking, laughing, remembering. It's all good.

3 comments:

Kris said...

So glad that you had a good weekend! I love road tripping, too! It's a great time to catch up!
K

trevsmom said...

Hey friends, are you both really up at 4:55am? Is there something I am missing about this time of the morning? Seriously? Em, so glad you have a good time at the class reunion. I have been meaning to give you a call...I need to do that soon!

Short Stop said...

We LOVED having you here. We had so much fun catching up with you. BTW, we've been obsessing about that card game...it was SO fun!