Thursday, October 4, 2007

Errands

Today I spent 5 hours running errands. Sans Morgan.

Did I get a lot done? Loads. I shopped as long as I wanted without anyone pulling me around. I spent an hour and a half alone in Kinkos getting colored copies exactly how I wanted them.

Throughout the morning I saw mothers struggling to get their shopping done as little ones feigned death for the boredom of it all.

But then it hit me: I miss that bugger.
I miss her constant rambling.
I miss her shopping suggestions (gum? candy?).
Heck, I even miss her negotiating with me whether or not she's a big girl.
Big girls do NOT ride in carts apparently.

She's coming home tomorrow and I have a great big bear hug for her.
And maybe a few wet kisses.

4 comments:

Short Stop said...

WOW...5 hours sans kiddos. I'm jealous! I'm not sure I'd know what to do with myself. Ok, that's a lie. LOL!

SO glad she's coming home tomorrow. Give her a hug for us, too! :)

Sheryl said...

WAIT just a short sec...where IS this little gal!?!?!?!?

Kris said...

Went shopping today with two little ones...I'm jealous of your 5 hours!
K

Sittintall said...

Oh, the things you could get accomplished in 5 hours! I would miss my little girls too if I hadn't seen them all week (but I could do for the 5 hours).