Friday, October 19, 2007

Serenity Now!

Okay. We've all been there.

Started the morning wrong.
Got up late.
The dog ran away.
The kiddo got up too early.
Came home from a rainy day of work, errand running, etc. to a messy house.
You know the drill. Chaos.

So here's my question: What's your secret for serenity?
It could be spiritual or materialistic. It could be downright goofy. Here's my top 5:

1. A nibble of Chocolate.

2. A morning run with a Starbucks stop.

3. 4pm Oprah on Tivo.

4. Lighting scented candles and putting on music that fits my mood.

5. Talking to any of my sisters on the phone.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

When did you get a dog?

Emily Dykstra said...

Marc, Marc.

Anonymous said...

even me?!?! ;)

do you really have a dog? no way. i don't believe it.

tin cints wat a wast!

Sittintall said...

Oh sign me up!! I could use a little serenity now. Now you've inspired me, I think I will blog about it too. And ps thanks for the nice comments on my blog. You are always a great encourager.

Short Stop said...

I'm going to have to do this one, Em. I just need to give it some thought! Starbucks would DEFINITELY be on my list, too! :)

Serenity Dykstra said...

Want to know something funny? My name is Serenity Dykstra.
:)