Thursday, October 18, 2007

Sippyless



Morgan has adjusted to sippy-less life pretty well. She misses them at nap times, but she's been a trooper. The only tricky part is getting her to drink her medicine-laced morning beverage out of a cup.

This morning I tried to give it to her in strawberry milk. She claimed that today she wants water.

So I gave her water with her medicine. I found her blowing bubbles in it.

I tried telling her that she couldn't get up from the table until she finished it. While I left the room, the speakers for my ipod "magically" began to start playing a-ha's "Take Me On". Morgan was jiving in the kitchen.

I sat wiggle buns down on her chair and held the cup up to her lips. She drank what she wanted and let the rest dribble down her chin as she smiled mischieviously.

I told her to open her mouth again.She opened it as wide as a lion, making it rather difficult to get the beverage down her guzzler. I was temped to pour it down her throat.

Finally, with one tiny resistant sip after another, she finished it. Nevermind that I had to gently push the back of her head up to the cup.

Aren't they supposed to be more independent by this age?

2 comments:

A girl who loves said...

Try curly twisty straws. Cheap and entertaining.

I am doing the no bottle, try the sippy cup thing. Those sippys keep leaking everywhere. They are awful! Any brand that work, let me know.

diplofam said...

Hey Emily and Dan!
I found your blog through someone else's (an annoying habit of mine) I'm not sure we have ever met your Morgan! She needs to meet our Isaac, they would make a great pair. We have a blog of our life in Armenia (yeah I know what you are thinking, where in the world is Armenia?) Check it out www.diplofam.blogspot.com
It is good to see that you are well!
Carin Vogelzang