Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Veggie Soup Debacle



I've been married 7 years. It was a shock to me when, last night, my husband could not tell me that he did not like the soup I made.

We were chowing down on dinner when I noticed that he was only slurping the broth. I asked if it was okay and he said sure, digging his spoon in deeper only to pick up... more broth.

"You don't like it." I said.

"Hmmm?" He pretended he didn't hear me.

"As soon as I walk out that door tonight to see my friends, you're going to heat up some hotdogs, aren't you?" I asked.

"We have hotdogs?" he teased.

I explained that it was okay if he didn't like it. I had to convince him to tell me. Finally he buckled: "Okay, I don't like it."

"Great," I said, "warm up that chili from last night."

And then with pleading in his gentle eyes, he asked me to not make it again.

My gentle giant. Love you, Dan.

*And for my foodie friends, this was a minestrone-based soup with a lovely rosemary flavor. Yummers. Put some shredded fresh parmesan on top for flavor and *voila*... dinner is served.

2 comments:

Short Stop said...

I would have loved the soup. Can you send me Dan's please?

Got a good hubby there, Em! :) But, I know you know that!

Unknown said...

I liked this entry, too...even though I wasn't crazy about the soup. ;)