Sunday, January 6, 2008

Overheard

In the car conversation:

Emily: "I'd better be careful how I drive. There's some policemen behind me."

Morgan: "Yeah. And we don't like policemen."

Gulp.

Emily: "Um, why do you say that, Morgan?"

Morgan: "Because they take us to jail. They're only nice to their own kids."

Emily: (Stifling an embarrassed laugh) "Um, well, actually policemen make sure that we're safe. They're good. Not bad."

Perhaps she recalls a few times Mommy and Daddy were pulled over in the past couple of years. Ooops.

_______________________

Morgan: "Dad, what's a 'vacation'?"


Time for a family vacations.

1 comment:

Short Stop said...

We just had a similar conversation with Jack...I stumbled through and he still has no idea what a policeman does.

You made my day yesterday! :)