Tuesday, January 1, 2008

2008

First things I ate in the New Year: A Frito. Seriously. A Frito.

First time I wrote "2008": At 8:31 a.m. - when I put out the new Ziploc receipt bag and wrote "January 2008" on it.

Last thing I said in 2007: "Good night, honey"

What we were doing at midnight:
We were sound asleep with Mythbusters playing in the background.

First thing I talked about in 2008:
"Ugh. You WON'T believe the crazy dream I had."

Last time with friends in 2007:
Dinner at Wildfire Grill with Cathi and Andrew Schuurmann and Marc and Sara Miller. In our pre-children days, we used to stay up past midnight playing cards. This year, we played with our kiddos who were not at all interested in sleep. It was fun.

Morgan's resolution for the New Year:
"Eat breakfast."

Dan's resolution for the New Year:
"To learn how to make crepes."

Emily's resolution for the New Year:
The same as it is every year: To not make a resolution. (Philosophy question: If I make a resolution to not make a resolution, have I broken my resolution?)

Well wishes for all my friends and family: May the wind be always at your back. May the fat you eat turn to muscle. And may the relationships in your life surprise you with joy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm totally going to copy this in my blog!!! :)

Love ya, seester!!!

Unknown said...

I should clarify the crepes thing -- Emily asked me this as I was trying to find a crepes recipe (per her request) on New Year's Day.

I have since learned how to make crepes. It's easy. Resolution accomplished.

I'm goin' on break!

Short Stop said...

Ems,
I loved this. And, I love Fritos. :)

Here's to a 2008 full of hope and promise!