Thursday, January 10, 2008

Tea Party


Morgan: "Order up!"

Morgan has cut apples into 1/2" cubes with her new (child sized and child-friendly) knife that came with her tea set. She wants me to come to the table.

As I drink the "tea" (water), I tell her "It's delicious!"

"It's good for your poopies, too!" she informs me. We'll work on conversation topics for tea parties later.

I finish the walnut sized cup of tea in a few sips so as to not offend her efforts.

"Care for some more?" she asks. At first I decline, but then I realize that it's not about the tea, it's about her acting independent, hosting a tea party. It's about her pouring things. It's about her hearing the clink of her faux china as she carefully pours another cup. I oblige.

Just another day with a daughter.

_____________________________

This post is dedicated to my pregnant friends who may be expecting a daughter. :)

3 comments:

Sittintall said...

It is so fun to watch them act on their independancy. They are such big little people!

Unknown said...

Gotta love that -- especially when she is so intent on serving you.

Wonder if I can get her to rake leaves for me? Hmmmmm.... ;)

Sheryl said...

Adorable! But yeah, maybe better work on tea time topics! LOL :D