Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Huh?

Dan complains that I never listen to him. He's right. I don't. Sometimes, when I'm very tired, I tell him to tone down on the details of his story because he's meticulous with information. But on the whole, I don't listen to him unless he tells me two or three times.

This morning was no different. Dan and I switched cars and I totally forgot that he said he was going to do that. It was even MY suggestion, so that I could take his car to the wash.

I was running around pulling apart the living room looking for MY keys when Morgan asked what I was doing. "I'm looking for my keys, honey," I told her. Morgan answered, "Daddy has your keys, Mommy. He'll give them back to you after work." The child was right. First of all, not too comfortable with the eavesdropping. Secondly, kudos, kiddo!

This has huge ramifications. This means that Morgan mostly ignores me when I tell her to do things like put on her shoes in the morning... for the FOURTH time. This also means that she is very smart.

It also means...that I am toast.

No comments: