Monday, May 7, 2007

Change

I'm hiding. Here in the basement I'm safe from the "no-likey-change" 3-year-old daughter of mine who is currently wailing that I packed some of her room. *sigh* So Dan is calming her down.

I took her bed down so that she can only sleep on the mattress. I was trying to be efficient, but also aware of her little needs. We are moving in 4 days, after all. I made sure I tucked her stuffed animals around her for comfort. My efforts were not recognized. Morgan told us what she REALLY thought through loud wails and cries so loud you'd think we broke her little heart.

When Morgan throws these fits, Dan and I have this good cop/bad cop routine we do. Dan says soothing things to her to lure her through her bedtime schedule and I threaten all manner of evil. In the end, she does what we want. I'd like to believe that my hard-nosed efforts pay off but if I were her, I would prefer Dan's approach to mine.

The trait I love most about Morgan is that she is sensitive. The trait I love least about Morgan is that she is sensitive. This darling girl will share a last bite of cookie with a friend and the next instant complain that the friend gave her a mad look. And with her sensitivity, the slightest change throws her off kilter. I guess I should be glad that she isn't doing more than messing her pants in this topsy turvy time of life for her. Don't our lesser-evolved friends, the monkeys, take to THROWING poo in the face of danger? That'd be impossible to live with.

Well, the tears seem to be quieting down. I say a quiet thank you to my husband for his Job-like patience. And I pray for strength in the days ahead. Morgan is about to see a lot more change.

No comments: