Monday, May 21, 2007

Milk

Today I was at Meijer with Morgan under the guise of "picking of play sand"; in reality we were mostly grocery shopping.

Anyway, I was headed to the milk section when an older lady (probaby 80 years old, give or take a century) butt in front of me and pretended to not see me. I'm kind of used to people being rude in grocery stores, but when I saw the price of milk, I understood why "Ms. Social Security Check-ness" had to cut me off. The milk was marked down to 60 cents. I'm talking 6 dimes folks. She probably sped home in her 2007 Cadillac and told all her bunco buddies: "Mildred, call the girls! I haven't seen milk this price since World War II. We're making vats of pudding tonight!"

*ahem* Meanwhile, being a bit younger than the aforementioned milk buyer, I merely blog it to all my friends.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to tell Dan we're having pudding tonight. Lots of pudding.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

btw - my sister left a comment on my blog in response to this post Here

Don't know if you saw it or not. She works for Meijer. The full text of her comment is:

Ok THIS comment is not for your blog, it’s for Emily’s, but since I don’t think she knows who I am I’m leaving it here. I love reading her blog, it’s so fun, so when she said she went to Meijer and had a less than spectacular experience, of course I took a personal interest. Get me that person’s name, I’ll get that cashier fired, no just kidding, I don’t think I have that authority. But really, I would be interested in that cashier’s story. What was she feeling guilty about? Stealing, fraud etc? Man, this could get interesting!!

Unknown said...

oh - oops - i meant to attach the above comment to your meijer post. sorry.

btw - i'm a big afficianado of pudding. i'll be there at 7.