Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Day

I had a memorable weekend. I crack me up. "Memorial Day"... "memorable"...*sigh* Anyway, Dan and I got to know our house a little better. If you read his blog, you will wonder if we like our house. We do. (Tangent: Can some blogger tell me how to link a blasted hyperlink to text? I want the words "his blog" to link to his blog. Grrrrr.)

Anyway, we did have a little excitement this weekend:

1. The garage door opener wouldn't work. It kept catching and going back up. We called in an electrician and, as Murphy's Law would have it, it worked. Then he left. It stopped working again.

2. We locked ourself out of our new house. It was surprisingly easy to break into which was, at first, a relief. And then terrifying.

3. Dan installed a new faucet unstairs. We used it. It leaked into the kitchen ceiling. To his credit, he installed it EXACTLY as the directions indicated: "do not overly tighten the pipes".

4. If you read Dan's aforementioned blog, you'll find the other delights in our house.

5. Unlike our last house, a wonderfully charming, dark and shaded bunglow, this house is durn bright. I thought the mother ship was shining a laser beam in our living room yesterday afternoon. I did the ghetto trick and put sheets up on the windows for shade. Rats. Just the good God-given sunlight that I truly love. Except when I'm trying to watch a movie in our living room. We tried to install shades. Bought the wrong size. Need to have some cut.

NOW... on a positive note:

We had lunch at the Millers. It was great. I confess to being a baby hog and holding baby Alex a bit too much, but I need my fix. Sorry. It was great to see Marc's folks and his sister, Sheryl, as well. Random tangent: Marc's mom and I were both wearing a cyan blue shirt. So was Morgan. Earlier yesterday, I went to coffee with a friend and HER shirt was the same cyan blue. (Twilight zone music here.)

So in summary: We got to know our house better this weekend and we had a little fun in the midst of it all.

1 comment:

Short Stop said...

Hi, Em! To link to text, I type in the text that I want to be a hyperlink, select it, then click on the green link thingy that's next to text color. Once you do that, you just paste the address of the link into the little box that pops up. Sorry if I overexplained...I'm good at that. I'm enjoying your blog so much!

Sarah