Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Believe it, Chuck!

I Can't Believe...

1. It's been one year since we put an offer on this house.

2. That we both sold our house and bought another house on the heals of coming back from town. (We hadn't been in Chicago 2 hours from a week's vacation when our realtor called to say our house had sold. And then, we came back from Easter in Charlotte and went straight from the airport to see our current house. We put an offer on it that night, just as another offer was coming in. Whew!)

3. I've only gotten the living room pretty much decorated. Why did I think I would have the whole place standing tall and mostly how I wanted it by now?

4. We've still got boxes downstairs that could stand to be unpacked.

5. We have a (hallelujah chorus) guest room. Now my dear mother-in-law won't hurt her back on our pull-out couch. (Sorry, Mom!)

6. We now have a minivan. I feel thoroughly "Mommy".

7. That our realtor wanted to work with us twice; I'm psycho in the home-buying/selling process. She's pretty patient!

8. That we put an offer on a house and Dan hadn't even received an offer from Google at that point. (What were we thinking?)

9. How good it felt to sell our first little house to a young couple who would love it well.

10. That Morgan finally potty trained after the craziness of the move. Sayonara, rivers of life.

1 comment:

Short Stop said...

You have NOT been in that house a year. Wow...that time went fast.

I bet your living room looks AMAZING!

Guest room? Did I read guest room?????????