Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Thomas the T*rain

I asked my sister in Charlotte if I could talk to her son, 3-year old Britt. He doesn't like to talk much on the phone, but I told her to tell him that I had a Tho*mas the T*ank Engine question. He's crazy about Thomas. The trick worked. He got on the phone:

Emily: "Hi, Britt! This is Aunt Emily. How are you?"

Awkward pause.

Britt: "You have a Thomas question?"

Emily: "Yes I do. If I was coloring a Thomas picture, would I color him yellow or purple?''

Britt: (Eagerly answers question) "Um, Thomas is blue. He has a blue body."

Emily: "Oh great. Thanks. And if I color his face, should it be yellow?"

Britt: "Thomas has a white face. You have to make it white."

Emily: "Thanks, Britt (desperately trying to think of another question to keep him on the phone.) And which train is your favorite?"

Britt: "Thomas."

Emily: "Okay, and which train has a grumpy face?"

Britt: "Gordon has a grumpy face," he said authoritatively.

Emily: "Okay, great. Well, thank you very much. I miss you very much and I love you."

Pause.

Britt: "Okay."

Pause.

Britt: "Bye."

And with that, he hung up the phone. I love that bugger.

1 comment:

Janice said...

I met Britt at his 2nd bday party. I was nervous as we all are the first time you meet your boyfriend's family. I put a lot of thought into the presents I picked out and was excited cause I had heard he loved the moon so I had something with a moon. Well, Becky's gift went first and it was somthing Thomas. And that was it. Nothing else mattered to Britt once he saw Thomas. I could have brought the moon itself... it wouldn't have helped. That kid loves Thomas. (I still tease Becky for "ruining" my presents!)