Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Confessions of a Selfish Mother

Today I feel: like being selfish.

This is a great attribute to have as a stay-at-home mother. *wink*

Yesterday was really weird. I was so tired. And it didn't feel like a "pregnancy" tired. So all day when I took naps and popped my iron and protein supplements, nothing was giving me that boost like it normally does.

I drank caffeine and very little happened.

I slept between doing laundry and popping videos in the DVD player for Morgan. She watched a fair bit of TV. Like 6 hours. *gulp*

Then I remembered that this is that wacky time of year: Allergy Season.

Suddenly everything made sense: the body aches, the weird head feeling and the tiredness.

I called my doc who said it was okay to take Benadryl. I anticipated the sleepyness it promised on the box. But apparently it had the opposite effect on me.

Wide awake at 8pm. Little fetus kicking up a storm. (Smile.) 

This morning Morgan got the memo that my body is a little on the worn side because her energy level is twice the normal amount. Or maybe is just seems that way. 

I just want to be alone. With quietness.

I want to be selfish. 

2 comments:

Short Stop said...

I have these days now and then...fortunately, they pass. They were definitely more frequent when I was pregnant.

And why, oh why, are the kiddos so spazzy on days like this. *sigh*...motherhood.

Jenni S. said...

I have the same trouble with cold/allergy meds - they completely make my heart race and I can't ever sleep with them. I hope you got some rest today!