Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Morgan the Vegetarian

Morgan and I were sitting at a stop light yesterday next to a mack truck filled with cows. 

Emily: "Look at those cows, Morgan!"

Morgan: "Cows give us milk!"

Emily: (Wondering if she knows what else cows give...) "Do we eat cows?"

Morgan: "Noooooo. We only drink milk, Mom." (Said in embarassed-to-be-seen-with-Mom tone.)

Emily: "What animals DO we eat?"

Morgan: "We don't eat animals, Mom. Except for grownups. They eat crabs. That is so weird."

Emily: "What about chickens? Do we eat chickens?"

Morgan: "Yes, but not the cockle-doodle-do kind. We just eat chicken. We eat it for dinner and then we go to bed and then the next day we eat it for dinner again." 

(The conversation had clearly veered from vegetarianism to repetitive chicken-eating.)

I smiled and thought to myself: I gave the "V" talk. Dan can give the animals-we-love-and-eat talk.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The "animals we love to eat" talk? Sure! Love to! It'll be easy...I'll just take her to the petting zoo, followed by a brisk walk past the Meijer meat counter.

Heheheh...

Short Stop said...

BAH HAHAHA! Dan's comment. Sicko.

This girl is so freakin' hilarious. I can't stand it.

Janice said...

I've been a vegetarian for almost three years... for health reasons first and foremost so I miss meat. I wonder if I can convince myself that Morgan is right and go enjoy an big juicy burger with bacon? :)